April 1, 2020
I want to reassure you we are here for you at all times. For nearly 90 years, through government shut downs, stock market crashes and natural disasters, we have always weathered the storm. I understand that now more than ever, in uncertain times like these, you need a financial institution you can trust. Whether it’s with financial assistance or easy access to your funds, we are by your side, ready to help. Together, we will get through this crisis as well.
Your money is safe and accessible.
Your money – just like your credit union – isn’t going anywhere. I know that in times of panic, it is tempting to withdraw large amounts of cash and keep it close at hand. I assure you there is no need to do that here. Your money is readily available – and, insured by the NCUA, which means it is safe and secure, with no danger of being lost.
Even with sheltering-in-place and self-quarantining, you can access your accounts at any time. Our online and mobile banking gives you the ability to manage your finances 24/7 from the comfort of your own home. Plus, we are still available by phone and in branch during our working hours. Should you choose to stop by a branch, rest assured we are taking the necessary measures to keep our work areas sanitized and healthy. On top of that, we will be maintaining proper social distancing as well as following other CDC guidelines.
Let us help lighten the load.
I understand the current situation can result in financial hardships and day-to-day difficulties, and the last thing you need is to worry about your monthly budget or how you’re going to pay for necessities. If you’ve been affected by the coronavirus crisis, reach out to us. There are several ways we can help:
- Emergency loans with two months of no payment: Emergency loans of $2,000 at 2% APR with terms of two years are available for those who need immediate assistance. We can have it available on the same day you request, and you may choose to defer the first two months’ payments. Apply online at www.ppcu.org.
- Skip-a-Pay for ALL loans with no fees: You can skip your payments for all loans for the next three months (April, May and June) – including Visa® cards and Lines of Credit. We will waive the $40 skip fee and any late fees. To skip your payments, log in to your account online and select the Skip-a-Pay option.
- Skip your mortgage payments as well: Contact us to skip your mortgage payments for the next three months (April, May and June). Late fees will be waived. No foreclosures will occur during this period.
- Monthly loan payment adjustments: We can temporarily lower your monthly payment as well as forgo any late payment fees. Talk to our loan department to learn more.
- Free withdrawals from CD accounts: If you need to access the money you’ve invested in a Certificate of Deposit, we are waiving all early withdrawal fees.
- Fee waivers for overdraft and NSF fees: Contact us and we will waive up to three occurrences per month for overdraft and NSF fees
If you’re unsure about what to do, please talk to us. We will work with you to figure out the best options for your specific situation. Give us a call and we’ll get you started.
Our commitment has always been to you. We are standing by to help.
President & CEO
March 24, 2020
Please Note: Change in Hours of Operation
We are continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation and making sure we do the utmost to protect the health and well-being of both you and our employees. GIven the recent progression, we felt it prudent to adjust our hours of operation. Beginning March 25, all PPCU branches will be open from 10am- 2pm, Monday-Friday. Our Member Service line (800-696-6009) will be available from 9am- 4pm, M-F. These reduced hours will not affect your accounts or cause any disruption to services.
For your own safety, we urge you to bank with us using online banking, our mobile app for Android and iPhone, or Zipline bank-by-phone (800-339-4818). These free services allow you to deposit checks, transfer funds, pay bills and much more without the need to visit a branch. E-sign is available too, giving you the freedom to finalize a loan and other documents remotely.
If you haven’t set up online or mobile banking yet, don't hesitate to call us and we can help you get up and running. Having these options available to you will not only provide convenience but also peace of mind.
You can also use your debit card at surcharge-free CO-OP ATMs to withdraw cash, check balances and more. Here are ways to locate a surcharge-free ATM: Visit CO-OP's ATM Locator site, call 888-748-3266, text a Zip Code to 91989, or download the CO-OP ATM Locator app.
Thank you for your understanding and support during this period. We will continue to assist you in any way that we can, and keep you informed.
Please take care, be alert and stay safe.
Pacific Postal Credit Union
March 17, 2020
I wanted to update you on this rapidly-changing situation. During the current shelter in place order, we will remain open to serve you. All of our branches will continue normal operations for our members for the time being. Be assured we are doing what is necessary to keep you and our employees safe.
For your own health and well-being, we strongly recommend that you bank with us using online banking, our mobile app for android and iphone or Zipline bank-by-phone (800.339.4818). E-sign is available too, giving you the freedom to finalize a loan and other documents remotely. You can also use your debit card at surcharge-free CO-OP ATMs to withdraw cash, check balances and more.
As the situation evolves, we will be certain to provide updates as needed on our web site, alerting you to changes to our services. If you need assistance with your accounts in any way, don’t hesitate to reach out. We're here to help.
We hope the spread of the virus is contained or at least diminished before long. Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the coronavirus threat.
Thank you for your support and working with us to get through this challenge.
President & CEO
March 13, 2020
Important Notice About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
At PPCU, the health and safety of our members and employees is always a top priority. Be assured we are continuously monitoring the situation and taking the following preventative steps to protect you and our employees during this outbreak:
- Our staff is practicing preventative actions such as frequently washing hands and sanitizing work areas. We are cleaning high-touch surfaces more often and providing additional hand sanitizers in all of our branches.
- We are closely monitoring federal and local health agencies to ensure we stay informed and take any recommended action as needed.
- You can be confident that our business continuity plan will allow us to maintain and provide services to our members without interruption.
Here’s What You Can Do To Manage Your Accounts
Our branches will remain open at this time to serve you. Remember, you can do almost all of your banking with our Online Banking and Mobile App or Zipline bank-by-phone (800.339.4818). These free services allow you to deposit checks, transfer funds, pay bills and much more without the need to visit a branch.
You can also use your debit card at ATMs to withdraw cash, check balances and more. There are several ways to locate a surcharge-free ATM: Visit CO-OP's ATM Locator site, Call 888-748-3266, Text a Zip Code to 91989, or download the CO-OP ATM Locator app.
We also urge you to be extra vigilant of scammers who often take advantage of crisis situations. If you believe you are being targeted, please call us at 800.696.6009.
As always, we will remain member-focused and take extra care to keep you and our employees safe while ensuring seamless access to your accounts.
We'll keep you updated as needed. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us.